Many of these questions can be answered here. If you have a specfic question regarding your own policy contact us online or alternatively call us on 13 50 50, we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident when you make a claim. For example, if the rear and front of your car have been damaged in two separate incidents, then you have to make 2 claims and pay the excesses that apply for each claim.
We will arrange the repair of your vehicle through one of our recommended certified repairers in a location convenient to you.
If we are not able to find or locate a certified repairer in a location convenient to you, you may propose a repairer of your choice.
- Make sure everyone is safe. For emergencies call 000.
- Try to prevent further loss or damage.
- Report the incident to the authorities. If someone is injured or has stolen, attempted to steal or maliciously damaged your car, call the police immediately and record the time, date, report number and the name of the recording officer.
- Collect details of all drivers, passengers and witnesses. You will need these when you call us. Make sure you have their full names, addresses and contact numbers. If another vehicle is involved, record its registration number and the driver’s insurance details. Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Contact us as soon as possible on 13 50 50. Make sure you have the details of the incident at hand to assist us with lodging your claim. If towing is required, we will help arrange the towing of your car to a location we nominate for assessment.