Apia Insurance is the proud winner of Canstar's Most Satisfied Customers - Seniors Insurance Award 2023
What does Apia Comprehensive Car Insurance cover?
Apia Comprehensive Car policy features:
For full details of what is and isn't covered please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
WAYS TO SAVE
Ways to save on your premium
Comprehensive Car Faqs
- Make sure everyone is safe. For emergencies call 000.
- Try to prevent further loss or damage.
- Report the incident to the authorities. If someone is injured or has stolen, attempted to steal or maliciously damaged your car, call the police immediately and record the time, date, report number and the name of the recording officer.
- Collect details of all drivers, passengers and witnesses. You will need these when you call us. Make sure you have their full names, addresses and contact numbers. If another vehicle is involved, record its registration number and the driver’s insurance details. Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Contact us as soon as possible. Make sure you have the details of the incident at hand to assist us with lodging your claim. If towing is required, we will help arrange the towing of your car to a location we nominate for assessment.
Your amount covered – that is, the amount you insure your car for – should generally be the amount it would cost you to replace your car with something similar after an incident covered by your policy.
It’s important to review your amount covered when you renew your policy, as your car’s value is likely to have changed. You could try looking at car sales websites to see how much yours might go for. Doing so may help you avoid being under or overinsured.