Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
I've had a car accident. What do I do?
- Make sure everyone is safe. For emergencies call 000.
- Try to prevent further loss or damage.
- Report the incident to the authorities. If someone is injured or has stolen, attempted to steal or maliciously damaged your car, call the police immediately and record the time, date, report number and the name of the recording officer.
- Collect details of all drivers, passengers and witnesses. You will need these when you call us. Make sure you have their full names, addresses and contact numbers. If another vehicle is involved, record its registration number and the driver’s insurance details. Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Contact us as soon as possible. Make sure you have the details of the incident at hand to assist us with lodging your claim. If towing is required, we will help arrange the towing of your car to a location we nominate for assessment.