Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Customers in need of extra help and support
We i understand that sometimes our customers ii need extra care and support at different points in their lives.
We also know that everyone’s situation and needs will be different. We are commited to looking after your needs with sensitivity, dignity, respect and compassion.
What is vulnerability?
Vulnerability can come in many forms and include a variety of factors, such as:
- health conditions
- family and domestic violence
- language or literacy barriers
- cultural backgrounds, and
- other relevant circumstances including financial hardship
We understand that vulnerability is complex and that every customer is different. We’re determined to help our customers, especially during tough times.
When can I ask for help?
Our employees are trained and equipped to support customers experiencing vulnerability. We’ll always do our best to prioritise customers who need our help and support.
Asking for help isn’t easy. However, we encourage you or your representative to advise us of any extra care you may need. We’ll ask to record your information so we can arrange support. If we can see that you have other policies with us, your information will be shared across other general insurance brands in the Australian Suncorp Network.
Protecting your privacy
The protection of your information and privacy is important to us . We’ll use your information to find the right solution for you, which may involve sharing it with various parties:
- Our employees and service suppliers, who may need to know your circumstances in order to help. Eg, if they need to visit you, they may need to know if you’re living with a disability.
- A partner providing interpretive services, if, say, English is your second language or you’re hearing impaired.
- Financial counselling services.
- Specialist service providers.This may be applicable if, for example, you’re experiencing domestic or family violence.
Please visit our privacy page for more information on how we collect, store and use your information. Your information will not be shared with Suncorp Bank, also part of the Suncorp Network.
How to access our support
If you need extra support, it can help to know what support is available. Here are some links to helpful information, tools and services:
- Domestic and Family Violence Policy
- Financial Hardship Policy (including where you owe us money)
- Translator Services
- Suncorp’s Office of the Customer Advocate
- External Referral Partners
Essentials by AAI
If you are unable to afford mainstream insurance cover, there may be a solution for your needs. Please visit Essentials by AAI. Essentials by AAI provides low cost cover for those on low incomes in partnership with Good Shepherd.
Insurance is provided for cars and/or contents insurance only, is limited to low sums insured, and is subject to eligibility criteria.
Insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807. Any advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situations or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about this product. The Target Market Determination is also available..
i“We” are AAI Limited, issuer of general insurance products under the Apia brand.
iiFor the purposes of these policies “customer” or “you” are used interchangeably to mean an individual insured, a third-party beneficiary, a potential customer, or an individual which we as an insurer are seeking to recover from. A customer may be liaising with us on their own behalf or via a duly authorised representative.