Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
How you can combine & save with a multi-policy discount
Whether you hold both an Apia Home and Car Insurance policy, or you combine any other 2 or more eligible policies, we’ll take 10% off each so you can make the most of every possibility. Here are a few ways you can combine & save on eligible policies. Terms and conditions apply.
How can I save with a multi-policy discount?
Reward yourself with savings when you hold 2 or more eligible policies, including:
- Building Insurance
- Contents Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Caravan Insurance
- Motorhome Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Landlord Insurance
1. To qualify for the 10% Multi-policy Discount (the MPD) you must have two or more eligible Apia general insurance policies. There must be a common mailing address and the person(s) seeking the discount must be nominated as an insured with the same name on each eligible policy.
2. Eligible policies that qualify for the MPD are Apia home, contents, landlord, car, motorcycle, boat, caravan and motorhome insurance.
2.1. Comprehensive Car Insurance counts as an eligible policy, but the MPD does not apply to the Apia Roadside Assist portion of your premium, if you have selected this optional cover.
2.2 The MPD does not apply to the Personal valuables - unspecified items, Personal valuables - specified items, Apia Home Assist or Excess-free glass portion of your premium, if you have selected these optional covers with one of our Apia Home Insurance policies (where available).
3. Subject to the exception in 4, if you take out a new policy and then qualify for the MPD, you are eligible to receive the discount on that new policy immediately and on your other existing eligible policies from their next renewal date, provided you still qualify.
4. Notwithstanding 3, if you become eligible around the time of policy renewal and the discount is not shown on your insurance certificate, please contact us as the MPD may not have been applied to the renewing policies.
5. The discount is generally applied to the premium before we add taxes and charges. If you are eligible for other discounts (in addition to the MPD), then generally we apply each in a predetermined order to the already discounted premium.
6. We reserve the right to vary or discontinue our MPD at any time and without notice.