Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Can pensioners get CTP Green Slip discounts?
The price of a CTP Green Slip in NSW isn’t affected by a driver’s pension eligibility. CTP legislation states that all CTP policies must be paid in full. Factors that may affect the price of your Green Slip include:
- driving record,
- driver’s age, and
- type and age of vehicle.
Always check insurers are using accurate and up to date information when it comes to your driving record.
How to get a better price on your CTP Green Slip Insurance
Fortunately, the market for CTP Insurance, or Green Slips, was deregulated in NSW more than 30 years ago. There are six car insurers you can buy your CTP Insurance from, which means more competition and better prices.
In some states outside NSW, your CTP insurance is included as part of your car registration costs – like Victoria. In those states, you have no choice of CTP provider.
Discounts on car registration for pensioners in NSW
Registration is free for eligible pensioners in NSW. Pension concessions apply to one vehicle per eligible pensioner.
Are you a pensioner?
To be an eligible pensioner in NSW you must hold one of the following:
- Current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) showing an NSW address.
- DVA Gold Card endorsed Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).
- DVA Gold Card endorsed Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA).
- A letter or statement from the DVA stating that you receive a pension of 70% or higher or an Intermediate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment Pension or you have been assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50 or more impairment points.
- DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widow.
- DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widower.
A concession cannot be claimed in NSW using any interstate-issued pensioner concession cards.
Why choose CTP Insurance with Apia?
- Apia’s CTP policy is competitively priced.
- A real time Electronic Green Slip payment notification is sent directly to Transport for NSW (TfNSW), formerly the RMS.
- You get an experienced CTP Claims Service.
- Your Green Slip provides you, and anyone who drives your vehicle, with protection against liability for injuries caused to others in a motor accident. It also covers your medical expenses and weekly payments for lost income for up to six months if you caused the accident and are injured. Conditions apply.
- You can opt-in to receive your CTP policy documentation electronically.
Not an Apia customer and want to find out more?
Subscribe to our FREE Apia Good Life quarterly newsletter for information on our latest offers, stories and inspiration to keep living life at its best.
Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Ltd ABN 14 099 650 996 AR 239591 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the product issuer.
This advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situations or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it.
Any advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it.
Health & Wellbeing
Community & Relationships
Finance & Career
Learning & Development
Holidays & Entertainment