CTP & MAI Insurance

If you’re registering a vehicle in New South Wales or the Australian Capital Territory, you can get compulsory NSW CTP or ACT MAI Insurance cover with Apia.

What is NSW Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP)?

CTP Insurance covers your legal liability, and the liability of anyone else driving your vehicle, for certain injuries suffered by others in an accident. It’s required when you register your vehicle in NSW.

What is ACT Motor Accident Injuries Insurance (MAI Insurance)? 

MAI Insurance provides cover for people injured in a motor vehicle accident. You may be entitled to receive treatment, care and lost income benefits for up to five years – regardless of who is at fault.

On 1 February 2020, MAI Insurance replaced ACT CTP, which only covered people injured by an at-fault driver.

Choose from CTP or MAI Insurance

NSW Green Slip

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance, also know as "Green Slip" is required in New South Wales so that you can register your vehicle.

ACT MAI Insurance

Anyone registering a motor vehicle in the Australian Capital Territory must have Motor Accident Injuries Insurance (MAI Insurance).