Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Apia Funeral Insurance Customer Information - COVID-19
Get In touch
Apia Funeral Insurance Customer Information – COVID-19
The Apia Funeral Insurance team is ready to help you
Our Apia Funeral Insurance teams continue to be ready to support you through this challenging time as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Our first priority is supporting our customers and to be paying claims and providing a full service to you.
For information regarding Apia Funeral Insurance Claims
To make a claim, get in touch:
Please call Apia Funeral Insurance on 13 50 50 Mon to Fri, 8.00am – 6.00pm (AEST)
For existing Apia Funeral Insurance customers
Cover for COVID-19
Apia Funeral Insurance provides our customers with a range of ways to assist with the ongoing payment of premiums if they find themselves in financial hardship. In light of the challenging circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we have taken further steps to strengthen and adapt the Apia Funeral Insurance existing Financial Hardship Policy, providing our customers with additional options including increased flexibility around premium payments and ongoing insurance cover. If you have been directly impacted by COVID-19 and are concerned about your ability to meet your premium payments please contact Apia Funeral Insurance on 13 50 50, or click here for more information.
For new Apia Funeral Insurance customers
Apia Funeral Insurance is available to all Australian residents aged 45-80 There are no medical questions or tests required to apply, however it is important to note that cover is only provided for Accidental Death (which has a special meaning set out in the for the first 12 months. This means that a claim would not be paid for death caused by anything other than an accident in the first 12 months of taking out Apia Funeral Insurance cover (or, following any increase, in respect of the increased portion)All causes of death are covered after the first 12 months of cover.
If you have any specific questions on your policy, please contact the Apia Funeral Insurance Customer Service team with your policy details on 13 50 50.
This information is current at 15 April 2020 and may be subject to change.
Apia Funeral Insurance is issued by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848 (TAL Life or insurer) which is part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited ABN 97 150 070 483 group of companies (TAL). TAL Life is not part of the Suncorp Group. TAL Life uses the Apia brand (a brand of the Suncorp network) under licence. TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260 (TAL Direct) has been authorised under an arrangement with the insurer to enter into, vary or cancel insurance cover and manage, administer and settle claims on behalf of the insurer as if it were the insurer. TAL Direct and TAL Life are part of the TAL group of companies.
1. References to ‘Apia Funeral’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’, in these FAQs are references to Asteron Life and Superannuation Limited (Asteron) or TAL Life Limited (TAL Life).
2. This advice is general and has not taken into account your individual objectives, financial situation, or needs. You must consider whether this advice is right for you having regard to your individual personal circumstances. You may need financial advice from a qualified adviser. Before you make a decision to acquire or continue to hold an insurance product, you should carefully, and in detail, read the relevant PDS and the policy document (where applicable) for the terms, conditions and any exclusions that apply to that product to ensure that the product is suited to your own individual objectives, financial situation and needs.
3. The information in this FAQ is not, and is not intended to be used as, personal financial advice, legal advice or medical advice for any of the questions covered, nor is it a substitute for any independent professional advice.
4. The information is not intended to influence or encourage you to acquire or hold (or not to acquire or hold) Apia Funeral Insurance product or to encourage or discourage you from making a claim under your current Apia Funeral insurance policy with your insurer.
5. This information must be read in conjunction with the relevant policy document, product disclosure statement and/or any policy schedule (including any relevant terms, conditions, exclusions and waiting periods contained in these documents).