Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Understanding Our New
Apia Home and Contents Insurance PDS
Introducing the new Apia Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for policies renewing on or after 23 March 2021. The PDS contains important information you need to know about your Apia insurance product, please ensure you read it carefully.
We’ve changed the layout of the PDS to help make it easier to understand. And we have also made other changes to the policy – we have added and changed cover and we have added and changed exclusions and conditions.
Below are some examples of things we have changed:
- Extra support (new section in your PDS)
- Your responsibilities
- When you need to contact us about changes (we have expanded the situations when you need to contact us)
- Excess (when and how to pay)
- What good condition of your home, unit or contents means
- Things we don’t cover
- Temporary accommodation cover after an insured event
- How we settle your claim
- Lifetime guarantee on authorised home repairs
- Joint policyholders
- Conduct of others (new section in your PDS)
- When other people are living in the home or unit
For full details, please refer to your PDS.
The information above is not a complete list of the changes to your Apia Home and Contents Insurance. For full details of what is and isn’t covered, please read the Apia Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). Consider the PDS before making a decision about this insurance