How to claim
If you need to claim against your policy, contact us as soon as possible by calling 13 50 50. Our staff are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Claims time is when an insurer really proves their worth. That's why we take great pride in our claims handling at Apia. We understand that a loss can happen at any time of the day or night, so we are always available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you ever need to lodge a claim.
Apia helps make your claim process quick and easy online, and your details are secure. Once you finish lodging your claim we will give you a claim number.
Other important information
Report to police
Immediately advise the police of any malicious damage, theft, burglary, and give them a list of items damaged, stolen or lost. We need the police officers name and the report number.
Prevent further loss
- Do everything reasonable to prevent further loss or damage from occurring.
- What you must NOT do when you make a claim;
- Admit liability - you must not admit guilt or liability to anyone, offer, agree or promise to settle any claim without our prior consent.
- Authorise repairs - Following a loss, you should not carry out or authorise any repairs or arrange replacement of any property without our prior consent (apart from emergency repairs necessary to prevent or minimise further damage).
- Dispose of damaged goods - please keep any damaged property for inspection and assessment of repair costs by our representative or us. Do not wash or clean or remove debris from an area damaged by fire unless we have agreed for you to do so.
What to prepare if you prefer to claim online now:
- Your Apia motor or home insurance policy number
- Your motor or home event information (eg: date of incident, what happened, details of loss or damage.)
- Details of any people involved
Please note: Claim online is not available for the following cover types: Third Party Property Damage (all vehicle types), Boat, Travel, Funeral, Injury and Compulsory Third Party (CTP).
Already made a claim with us? Track its progress
Claim assist online allows you to make updates to your motor or home insurance claim anytime
What can I do?
- Track the status of your claim in one place
- Pay excess online by payment card (eg: Credit card, Debit card)
- Book or change your vehicle assessment booking
- View details of the authorised repairer to work on your vehicle