Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Apia Health Insurance “$200 Off plus 2 & 6 Month Waiver” offer (“Offer”). This Offer and these Terms and Conditions are issued by nib Health Funds Limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (“nib”). By participating in the Offer, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Platform CoVentures Pty Ltd ABN 82 626 829 623 (PC) of Level 28, 266 George Street, Brisbane Qld 4000 (“Promoter”).
3. The Offer commences at 12:00 am (AEST) on 1 September 2020 and closes at 11:59 pm (AEDT) on 31 October 2020 (“Offer Period”).
4. The Offer is only available in conjunction with the purchase of an Apia Health Insurance Combined Hospital and Extras health insurance product with a policy start date during the Offer Period (“Eligible Product”).
5. The Offer is open to permanent residents of Australia who are 18 years or over on the date they take out the Eligible Product (being the date of completion of join) but not to dependents moving from their families, parents’ or carer’s cover to their own policy (“Eligible Members”).
6. The Offer consists of:
a. premium reduction of $200 (“$200 Off”); and
b. waiving the 2 and 6 month waiting periods for Eligible Members on all Extras services that normally require a 2 or 6 month waiting period under the relevant Eligible Product (“Waiver”). (Longer waiting periods may apply for some services and are not subject to this Offer. Waiting periods already served with your current health insurance fund will be recognised and you won’t have to re-serve those waiting periods on equivalent services).
7. The $200 Off will be fulfilled by nib on 30 November 2020 for members who join before 30 September 2020 and 30 December 2020 for members who join before 31 October 2020 (being 60 days after the end of the month that the Eligible Product was purchased) (“Fulfilment Date”). The $200 Off will be applied by advancing the “paid to” date on the policy and will be referenced in the primary policyholder's policy statement with the description “$200 Off marketing reward.””
8. Eligible Members must meet the following entry requirements (“Entry Requirements”):
a. the Eligible Member must successfully purchase an Eligible Product during the Offer Period with Apia Health Insurance via direct debit or credit card;/p>
b. the Eligible Product must have a policy start date during the Offer Period;
c. the Eligible Product must be current and fully paid at the time of the relevant Fulfilment Date;
d. at the time of purchasing the Eligible Product, the Eligible Member must not be a current health insurance policyholder with nib, GU Health, Qantas, AAMI, Apia or Suncorp, or be a previous policyholder who held health insurance with any of these brands and cancelled their policy within 6 months before or during the Offer Period;
e. the Eligible Member must not be an employee of the Promoter or its related companies, nib Health Funds Limited or its related companies, or nib’s agencies.
9. Limit of one (1) Offer per new Eligible Product purchased. Where the Eligible Product purchased is a couples or family policy, the $200 Off will be applied only once to the Eligible Product. The Waiver will be applicable to each person covered by the Eligible Product.
10. The Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or corporate policy rate, except the 4% direct debit discount where Eligible Members pay for an Eligible Product by direct debit.
11. If an Eligible Member meets the Entry Requirements, the Eligible Member will receive an email after the Fulfilment Date to advise the Offer has been applied, providing they have a valid email address applied to their policy. Should the Eligible Member not have a valid email address applied to their policy, the Offer fulfilment will be referenced in the primary policyholder’s policy statement, available via online services or the contact centre.
12. This Offer is not transferable or exchangeable.
13. nib and the Promoter reserve the right to withdraw or substitute all or part of this Offer with another offer of equal or greater value at nib’s or the Promoter’s sole discretion. Eligible Members will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the Offer or any element has been substituted at equal or greater value.
14. Proof of identity, residency and eligibility is at the discretion of nib. In the event that a person cannot provide suitable proof, they may forfeit the Offer in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. nib reserves the right to disqualify any persons that provide false information or who seek to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this Offer.
16. Personal information is being collected by the Promoter and nib in order to facilitate the conduct of this Offer. For this purpose, personal information may be disclosed to selected third parties, including but not limited to agents, related entities, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Participation is conditional on providing this personal information. The Promoter and nib will use and handle personal information collected as set out in their respective Privacy Policies, which can be viewed at http://www.apia.com.au/privacy and https://www.nib.com.au/legal/privacy-policy.