Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Apia “$150 off” Offer Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Apia “$150 off your policy July 2021” (“Offer”). This Offer and these Terms and Conditions are issued by nib health fund limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (“nib”). By participating, claimants agree to be bound by these conditions. Claims must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- The Promoter is Platform CoVentures Pty Ltd ABN 82 626 829 623 (“PC”) of Level 28, 266 George Street, Brisbane Qld 4000 (“Promoter”).
- The Offer commences at 12:00 am AEST on 01 July 2021 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2021 (“Offer Period”). Policies joined after 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2021 will not be eligible for the Offer.
- This Offer is open only to permanent residents of Australia who are 18 years or over as at the date of joining (being the date of completion of join) (“Eligible Members”).
- The Offer is only available to Eligible Members who join an Apia combined Hospital and Extras health insurance product through Apia’s approved channels during the Offer Period (“Eligible Product”) The Offer excludes any non-health related insurance products (e.g. Travel) and dependants moving from family/parent’s health cover to their own policy.
- For clarity, Eligible members who join an Eligible Product (during the Offer Period), which has a policy start date outside of the Offer Period, can qualify for the Offer subject to their compliance with:
- these Terms and Conditions (including, but not limited to, the Eligibility Requirements); and
- any other terms and conditions imposed by nib in relation to the selection of policy start dates.
- The Offer consists of adjusting the “paid to” date on the qualifying policy to reflect the reduction off the premium payable for an amount equating to AU$150 (inclusive of GST) for a singles policy, or AU$150 (inclusive of GST) for a couples, family or single parent family policy.
- Eligible Members must meet all of the following requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
- The Eligible Member must successfully join an Eligible Product during the Offer Period through one of Apia’s approved channels (using the Apia website apia.com.au or Apia call centre);
- The Eligible Member must maintain the Eligible Product up to the date of the Offer being applied to the active policy, being:
14 October 2021 for policies purchased between 01 July 2021 and 31 July 2021 and;
11 November 2021 for policies purchased between 01 August 2021 and 31 August 2021. The Offer will be forfeited if the Eligible Member is not an active policyholder on this date.
- The Eligible Member must not be a current policyholder of a product issued by nib (including Suncorp Health Insurance, Qantas Health Insurance, GU Health Insurance, AAMI Health Insurance, Apia Health Insurance, nib International Workers Health Insurance, nib Overseas Students Health Insurance or nib Corporate Health Insurance) at the time of joining the Eligible Product, or have joined and cancelled any of these policies 6 months before or during the Offer Period; and
- The Eligible Member must not be an employee of the Promoter or nib.
- Limit of one Offer per policy for each Eligible Product joined during the Offer Period.
- The Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion unless otherwise stated.
- If an Eligible Member has satisfied the Eligibility Requirements, the Promoter will contact the Eligible Member following fulfilment to confirm they have qualified for the Offer and that the adjustment of their “paid to” date on their policy has been adjusted to credit their policy in accordance with clause 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Each Eligible Member acknowledges that the Offer cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, or be replaced after expiry and is not legal tender, an account card, a credit or security.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), nib and the Promoter exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way in connection with this Offer, including but not limited to:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under nib’s or the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any tax liability incurred by a customer (independent financial advice should be sought); or
- accepting and/or using the Offer.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes, modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- nib and the Promoter reserve the right to withdraw, cancel, suspend all or any part of this Offer, including replacing any part of this Offer with another offer of equal or greater value at nib’s or the Promoter’s sole discretion. Eligible Members will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the Offer or element of the Offer has been substituted at equal or greater value.
- nib and the Promoter are not responsible for any undelivered emails due to an Eligible Member’s spam filters or email settings.
- nib reserves the right to disqualify from receipt of the Offer any persons that provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this Offer.
- nib and the Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserve the right to amend, withdraw, cancel or suspend this Offer if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Offer.