Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Financial Hardship Support for Apia Funeral customers during COVID-19
These are challenging times for our community and Apia Funeral is here to support our customers when they need us most and are facing immediate financial hardship.
We encourage any customers facing financial difficulty to contact the Apia Funeral Insurance team on 13 50 50.
Support for Existing Apia Funeral Insurance Customers
If you are an existing customer and having difficulty in making premium payments on your policy then the Apia Funeral Insurance team can offer a range of options to provide you with support to maintain your policy.
- Options to reduce or change your level of cover. In these circumstances, you may temporarily reduce your level of cover and premium to make it more affordable.
- Increased flexibility around policy premium payments. Apia Funeral Insurance generally has increased flexibility around policy payment guidelines. In addition, the reinstatement period for lapsed policies will be increased to provide you with more payment flexibility and options.
These additional measures of support for our customers who are facing difficulty with paying their premiums will be considered where one or more of the following circumstances apply**
- You experience involuntary unemployment.
- You are eligible to receive the Australian Government “Jobkeeper” or “Jobseeker” payment, youth allowance for jobseekers, parenting payment (including the single and partnered payments), special benefit or farm household allowance.
- You are required to take leave without pay for a minimum period of 3 months
- Your hours of employment have been significantly decreased due to workplace restrictions as a result of COVID 19.
- You are hospitalised as a result of COVID-19.
We recognise that each customer has their own individual circumstances and we encourage you to call a Apia Funeral Insurance Customer Service representative on 13 50 50 to discuss your individual situation. These additional financial hardship policies are available for customers to take up for an initial period up to 30 June 2020, and then will be further reviewed at that time. These financial hardship measures and options will be reviewed on a regular basis as the COVID-19 situation evolves and therefore these terms may be subject to change.