Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

Bushfire Support

If you're an Apia customer who's been affected by bushfire, we're here to help.

  • You can lodge a claim quickly and easily.
  • You don't need paperwork to lodge.
  • Assistance with temporary accommodation for Home Insurance customers.
Make a claim

Get In touch

How to make a claim

Make a claim online  24/7, or give us a call on 13 50 50.

Online resources

What to do

If you've been affected

Ensure everyone is safe

Make sure you and your family are receiving any support you need. Check on your friends and neighbours if safe to do so.


Ensure your property is safe

Wait for the all-clear from your local fire authority before you return. Check that your utilities are functional and safe to use.

If your house isn't safe to live in, we may help cover the cost of temporary accommodation .

Lodge your claim

You can do this:

If you have questions about the claims process or need additional
support, please get in touch .

Home temporary accommodation

We can assist with arranging temporary accommodation for affected Home Insurance customers.

You may be entitled to reasonable costs for up to 52 weeks of temporary accommodation (up to 20% of the building or contents sum insured, depending on your cover type) if your home is unsafe to live in. If you're not sure whether this applies to you, check your policy documents  or call 13 50 50 to discuss your options.

What to do if you're living away from home

Redirect your mail.

You can do this via Australia Post . Doing this will ensure that you keep getting your mail while you're at your temporary home.

What to expect after you've lodged your claim

If urgent action is needed, such as arranging temporary accommodation, we'll help you with that as soon as possible.

We'll assess any damage to your home and request additional details if necessary.

If we accept your claim, we'll advise you of next steps once the assessment is done. This could mean arranging repairs, a rebuild of your home, replacement of your damaged contents, or a cash settlement, depending on the circumstances. You may also be entitled to help with removal of debris.

The most we'll pay for any of the above is your sum insured, which would have been set when you took out or renewed your policy and which will appear on your Certificate of Insurance.

Handy links

More info about what to do may be available via State or Federal government services.

Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)

Geoscience Australia






NT Police, Fire & Emergency Services