Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Limited is an authorised representative of AAI Limited, the product issuer. Read the PDS before buying insurance. TMD also available. Call us for a copy. Competition ends 25/08/23. View eligibility criteria and full T&Cs at apia.com.au/bundle. Permits: ACT TP23/00636 & SA T23/489, & NSW Authority Number TP/01324.
APIA ENERGY SAVINGS BUNDLE COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition Competition is conducted by Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Limited (“Apia”) ABN 14 099 650 996 (“thePromoter”), of Level 23, 80 Ann Street, , Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 50 50. Please direct any postal correspondence to Level 23, 80 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry and are the owner of a property capable of having solar panels installed; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter, or its related companies, its agencies, or other companies associated with, or benefiting from, the Competition Eligible Entrant For clarity, immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Competition entry commences at 12:01am AEST on 23/04/2023 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 25/08/2023 Entry Period.
- To automatically enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Purchase a new Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance Policy. Eligible policies include: Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance, Apia Home and/or Contents Extra Insurance, Apia Landlord Insurance, Apia Apartment Style Residence Insurance, Apia Assisted Living Residence Insurance, Apia Village Style Residence Insurance; or
- Purchase a new Apia Comprehensive Car Advantage Insurance Policy(for the avoidance of doubt, excludes Fire &Theft Car Insurance and Third Party Car Insurance)
(“Eligible Insurance Policy”)
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions. An Eligible Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry for each risk insured (i.e. each insured address or vehicle insured) under the Eligible Insurance Policy. For the avoidance of doubt, a home and contents Eligible Insurance Policy constitutes one (1) risk for the purposes of this Competition. Normal underwriting criteria apply. For the avoidance of doubt, entries will be granted to new policy purchases only. The insurance policy must be active and payments up to date at the time of the draw.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, indecipherable, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, at any time, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 1:00pm AEST on 28/08/2023 at Anisimoff Legal, 5/210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 in the presence of an independent scrutineer.
- The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
- There is one (1) prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The prize is a “Solar Pack” up to the value of $40,000, and includes, but is not limited to, 10kw grid tied solar energy system, solar battery pack, electric vehicle charger and installation (depending on the winner’s preference). The value of the “Solar Pack” and the materials provided will be determined in accordance with the installation requirements arranged between the winner and the Promoter, up to the value of $40,000. For the avoidance of doubt, if the value of materials required (including delivery and installation) to complete installation of the “Solar Pack” is valued at less than $40,000, any leftover value of the prize will be forfeited (i.e. the winner will not receive additional materials, goods/services or cash from the Promoter).
- The total prize pool is valued up to $40,000 including GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must: in respect of the $40,000 budget for the “Solar Pack”, nominate one residential property to install the products and agree on all the products to be installed. In the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the products to be installed.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behaviour, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s absolute discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The following conditions apply to the Prize:
- The winner’s residential property must be located within Australia.
- The Prize can be used on a new home build or an existing residential home.
- Winner’s residence must be Grid connected to ensure it accommodates a grid tied inverter (Off Grid system excluded since viability cannot be guaranteed).
- Dwelling cannot be higher than 2 storeys. The Winner’s property will be subject to a site review for feasibility and for setting a scope of works to ensure system suitability. The scoped Solar installation will be subject to any network permission to connect, and subject to any council approval.
- The Prize materials must be installed at a single residential property owned by the winner, and the entire allocated budget for the Prize must be used for an eligible installation at a single home. On-selling or otherwise giving away of the material provided as part of the Prize by the winner is not permitted;
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any issues with scoping, permissions, or approvals required at the property.
- Where applicable, the Promoter will liaise with the winner to organise the “Solar Pack” products the winner wishes to receive, subject to availability, and will organise the installation and delivery of that material within the allocated Prize’s budget;
- The Winner(s) will be afforded the choice of Prize materials from a range of products made available by the Promoter’s preferred supplier. They must provide the details of their preferred “Solar Pack” products to the Promoter to arrange installation. The Promoter may, however, in its absolute discretion, engage contractors to supply, deliver and/or install the material. Commitment to installation of the prize materials is required from the winner within 3 months of the draw (of the Prize for the promotion) and installation must be complete within 12 months of the date for the draw of the Prize for the promotion.
- In the event that the winner's chosen material (including delivery and installation) is valued at less than $40,000, the remainder of the allocated budget will be forfeited by the winner and will not be awarded as cash. If the winner wishes to choose material in excess of $40,000, they can do so, however, the winner may then be required to pay for any additional cost, as specified by the Promoter.
- In the event that agreement cannot be reached between the Promoter and the winner (in relation to the exact material or installation and delivery timelines), despite reasonable efforts of the Promoter, or if the winner is unable to or refuses to have or accept the materials, installation and/or delivery at their property for any reason or refuses to agree to any condition of accepting the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to invalidate such a winner and deem the entire Prize to be forfeited by the winner.
- The Winner(s) agrees that any claims or rebates attaching to small-scale technology certificates (STCs) which attach to the installation will be claimed by the installer, and will not separately claim any interest in the STCs
- The winner will be notified within 7 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided when purchasing an Eligible Insurance Policy.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published at www.apia.com.au on 30/08/2023 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 28/09/2023; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded either to another Eligible Entrant from the list of Reserve Entries, or, if required, to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 1:00pm AEST on 29/09/2023 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn. The name of any redrawn winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on www.apia.com.au on 03/10/2023.
- Any redrawn winner will be notified within 7 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided when purchasing an Eligible Insurance Policy.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any direct, indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, a/the winner (and his/her/their companion/s) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Apia is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, the product issuer. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. The Target Market Determination is also available.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Apia brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permit numbers ACT TP23/00636 & SA T23/489, & NSW Authority Number TP/01324.
DRAW AND PRIZE
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
^ Eligible Insurance Policy means a new Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance Policy or Apia Comprehensive Car Advantage Insurance Policy. Eligible policies include: Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance, Apia Home and/or Contents Extra Insurance, Apia Landlord Insurance, Apia Apartment Style Residence Insurance, Apia Assisted Living Residence Insurance, Apia Village Style Residence Insurance. Apia Comprehensive Car Advantage Insurance Policy excludes Fire &Theft Car Insurance and Third Party Car Insurance.
*If you are eligible for more than one discount, we apply each in a predetermined order to the already discounted premium (usually before adding taxes and charges). The discounts we offer are subject to change.
Online discount is only available for new, eligible policies purchased online and will be applied upon purchase and subtracted from the premium. Online discount is not available with any other offers and does not apply to optional covers Apia Home Assist, Excess-free Glass cover and Apia Roadside Assist.
Multi-policy discount (MPD) rewards you with a discount off your premium for holding two or more eligible paid Apia general insurance policies. There must be a common mailing address and the person(s) seeking the discount must be nominated as an insured with the same name on each eligible policy. If you take out a new policy and then qualify for the MPD, you are eligible to receive the discount on that new policy immediately and on your other existing eligible policies from their next renewal date, provided you still qualify. If you become eligible for the MPD around the time your other policies are due for renewal, the MPD may not have been applied to the renewing policies because the renewals were generated before you were eligible for MPD. Please contact us if you believe you are eligible for the MPD on your renewal but it is not shown on your certificate of insurance. See full terms and conditions.
Eligible policies that qualify for the MPD are Apia: home, contents, landlord, car, motorcycle, boat, caravan and motorhome insurance. To find out more about the multi-policy discount please phone us on 13 50 50.
MPD does not apply to optional covers Personal valuables – unspecified items, Personal valuables – specified items, Apia Home Assist, Excess-free Glass cover or Apia Roadside Assist.
Work Less Pay Less® discount does not apply to optional covers Apia Home Assist, Excess-free Glass cover and Apia Roadside Assist.