Why not bring the flavours and colours of Italy to your table this summer with this simple, yet delicious taste of Tuscany?
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups green beans, cut into pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head cos lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1 teaspoon salt
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Then add the sliced green beans and cook for two minutes. Place the cooked green beans in a bowl of ice water, to stop the cooking process, and leave them to cool for three minutes before draining. Then, in a large bowl, combine the green beans with the other salad ingredients – cannellini beans, chopped lettuce, onion slivers and pitted olives – and toss well to combine. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and mix to coat. Top with the shaved Parmesan and serve immediately with a delicious chilled glass of Pinot Grigio or iced water with a dash of lemon.
This article was supplied by Australia's leading retirement website YourLifeChoices