Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Limited (“APIA”) (“the Promoter”) ABN: 14 099 650 996 of Level 28 George Street Brisbane, Queensland 4000. Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Ltd is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, the issuer of Apia general insurance products. Phone 13 50 50.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents and (ii) aged 18 years or older at time of entry and (iii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition and (iv) are not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee.
4. Competition entry commences at 9am on Monday 18 February 2019 and closes at 5.00pm on Friday 29 March 2019 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are AEST times.
5. To enter the Competition, an Entrant must during the entry period, visit competition page www.apia.com.au/apia-good-life/apia-good-times-all-star-experience complete the entry form and submit an answer in 35 words or less to the question within the entry form “Tell us in 35 Words or less, the name of the Australian song that you would most like to hear our Apia Good Times All-Star Artists sing together in 2019 and why?
6. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
7. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
8. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
9. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually online via the competition www.apia.com.au/apia-good-life/apia-good-times-all-star-experience. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
10. Eligible Entrants must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own name. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the prize must be returned to the Promoter. Each Eligible Entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its associated companies and agents for any claims, costs, expenses, penalties or damages they incur from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using any works subsequently found to have been derived in any way from any third party works.
11. Each Eligible Entrant warrants and agrees that:
a. they have created the entry themselves;
b. they are entitled to reproduce and exploit all underlying works in the entry;
c. the entry does not, and use or exploitation of the entry by the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) as contemplated by these conditions will not, violate the rights (including copyright and privacy) of any third person;
d. the entry has not been previously published in any other medium or forum worldwide;
e. they will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, abusive, harmful to any person or entity, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive; and
f. they have not granted rights to their entry to any other person which is inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter under these conditions.
12. Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) has the right, in its absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, reproduce, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including television and the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or other compensation. Each Eligible Entrant also agrees that they will not make any claim against the Promoter (or its assignees and licensees) arising from the exercise of these rights, including claims in relation to any moral rights that they may otherwise have.
13. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
JUDGING AND PRIZE(S)
15. This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
16. Competition judging will take place at 10am Thursday 4 April 2019 at Level 35, 266 George Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel based on creativity and originality (“Criteria”).
17. There are 35 prizes to be won. The 35 Eligible Entrants with entries judged to be the best will be selected as winners and will each receive Two (2) tickets to the Apia Good Times All-Stars Tour performance in the capital city nearest to them and the opportunity to meet the Apia Good Times All-Star Artists pre-performance during a behind the scenes tour experience and an Apia Good Times All-Stars Tour Prize Pack.
18. A winner must be available to participate in the prize in the capital city closest to them on the following date applicable to that capital city:
FRI 17 MAY PERTH, CONCERT HALL
SAT 18 MAY ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE
SAT 25 MAY MELBOURNE, PALAIS THEATRE
FRI 31 MAY BRISBANE, CONCERT HALL QPAC
FRI 14 JUNE SYDNEY, ENMORE THEATRE
19. Each individual prize is worth $760 AUD including GST, and the total prize pool is valued at $26,600 AUD including GST as at 24/01/2019. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
20. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner, including any travel or accommodation expenses and any other ancillary costs necessary for a winner to participate in the prize.
21. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
22. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
23. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion. The tickets cannot be redeemed for cash, traveller's cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency.
24. The Prize Winner(s) will be notified by email, and will be requested to confirm their full name and phone number, and provide their preferred delivery address (“Contact Details”). To claim the Prize, the Prize Winner(s) must send a reply email to the Promoter within 72 hours and provide their Contact Details. If the Prize Winner(s) fail to respond within such time, the Prize Winner(s) will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Promoter may choose to select another winner.
25. The prize will be sent by express post to the winner(s) at their nominated Australian address within 21 days of the draw.
26. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
27. If: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to the Eligible Entrant judged to have the next best entry in accordance with the Criteria set out in condition 16. Any resulting winner(s) will be notified after they have initially been contacted directly via email to obtain their contact details. That process will be repeated if required.
28. Once all conditions have been satisfied and the prizes have been awarded, the winners names will be published on www.apiagoodtimes.com.au website.
29. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
30. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
31. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
33. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
34. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and related companies. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.