- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Limited ABN 14 099 650 996 (“the Promoter”) of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 50 50. Please direct all postal correspondence to 530 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering this competition, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their “immediate family members”, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant")A reference to “immediate family member(s) means” any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition entry commences at 9:00am on 05/03/2018 and closes at 23.59pm on 27/04/18 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Sydney time.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must during the Entry Period, visit competition page
complete the entry form and submit an answer of 25 words or less to the question ‘Who would you bring on your ultimate A-lister experience and why?’
- Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- Eligible Entrants must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own name. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the prize must be returned to the Promoter. Each Eligible Entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its associated companies and agents for any claims, costs, expenses, penalties or damages they incur from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using any works subsequently found to have been derived in any way from any third party works.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
- This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner
- Competition judging will take place at 11am on 01/05/18 Level 38, 530 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promotor’s judging panel based on creativity and literary merit (“Criteria”)
- There is one (1) prize to be won. The one Eligible Entrant with an entry judged to be the most creative will be selected as the winner and will receive:
- 4 return [economy] airfares (if the winner’s residential address is outside of NSW), from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney, leaving on Friday 8th June 2018 and returning on Sunday 10th June 2018 (incl taxes)
- Transfers to and from Sydney airport (for four (4) people)
- Two (2) nights accommodation (twin share) at the Shangri La Sydney in two (2) x one (1) bedroom Grand Delux room with Harbour views on Friday 8th June and Saturday 9th June, including continental breakfast on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June
- Dinner for four (4) people at Rockpool Sydney ($150pp) on Fri 8th June
- Meet and greet various Apia Good Times Tour artists at a lunch on Saturday 9th June at Bennelong Restaurant.
- Apia Good Times Tour Concert tickets on Saturday 9th June. Including transfers to and from the concert from the Shangri La.
- Wellness voucher for $1,000 for spa treatment at Chi Spa at the Shangri La hotel on Sunday 10th June.
- Four (4) x $500 AUD pre-paid Visa gift cards to be used as spending money
- The total prize pool value is AUD$15,790 excluding GST as at 30th January 2018. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, taxes, insurance, spending money and any other ancillary costs.
TRAVEL CONDITIONS & ACCOMMODATION CONDITIONS
- The prize must be taken on the dates nominated by the Promoter to coincide with the Apia Good Times concert at the Enmore theatre in Sydney; otherwise the entire prize is forfeited. All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered, or are forfeited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation or delay of flights or travel.
- All travel and accommodation is subject to booking and availability at all times and may be dependent on existing selected seat classes with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partners. All bookings are subject to the travel supplier's terms and conditions.
- Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion(s) attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation at the Promoter’s discretion, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter encourages the winner and their companion(s) to enjoy any alcohol consumption in moderation. Adults are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines which states: for healthy men and women, drinking no more than two (2) standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime. Drinking no more than four (4) standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising from that occasion. A full version of the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines is available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. The winner and their companion(s) agree that the prize is subject to relevant health, safety and liquor consumption laws, including responsible service of alcohol requirements of any prize provider. The Promoter additionally encourages the winner and their companion(s) to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au.
- All bookings and documentation regarding the prize or component of the prize must be made via Arid Zone or their agents.
- It is the Prize Winner's responsibility to organise transport to/from their place of residence to departure/return airport. Travel insurance is not included as part of the Prize, but is strongly recommended by the Promoter.
- Travel companion(s) of the Prize Winner under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- The Prize Winner and their companion(s) must travel together and depart from and return to the same departure point. The Prize Winner is responsible for any variation or amendment fees imposed by airlines, helicopter and other prize suppliers once a booking is confirmed and ticketed.
- The Prize Winner and/or their companion(s) must conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous and friendly manner at all times whilst participating in the prize. Acceptance of, and participation in the Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of Arid Zone, event organisers and any other prize suppliers, and in particular behaviour and safety requirements. The Prize Winner and/or their companion(s) must follow all reasonable directions given by the Promoter and any event organiser or prize supplier during the course of their participation in the Prize, including all directions relating to behavior and safety. The Promoter and any event organiser or prize supplier reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or departure out of Sydney, Australia, to disqualify, sanction and/or eject the Prize Winner and/or their companion(s) (if any) from the Apia Good Times concert, or to refuse participation in certain activities, on the grounds of inappropriate behaviour or safety reasons, or for any breach of these Conditions of Entry generally. If the Prize Winner and/or their companion(s) (if any) fail to participate in the Prize in the manner required, as stated in this condition and in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, their entry and the balance of the prize will be forfeited with no compensation payable.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner(s) may be required to sign a legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter (in its absolute discretion) to enable the Promoter or its nominee to promote the Competition or the prize winners.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZES GENERALLY
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The winners will be notified within 2 working days of the relevant draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize the notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 4th May 2018.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before Monday 7th May 2018; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12:00pm on Tuesday 8th May 2018 at the same location as the original draws, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry selected as per judging criteria. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Entrants completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the Winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies, for the purposes of carrying out planning, product development, designing future promotional campaigns and providing insurance quotations where requested by an Eligible Entrant in an entry form. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner’s name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- If an entrant has marked the “opt-in” box on the entry form, the Eligible Entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the Apia brand may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
- Notwithstanding anything in condition 44, if in an entry form an Eligible Entrant requests future contact from the Promoter and/or its related entity Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 539 AFSL 229880 (Suncorp) under the Apia brand, by completing the required information on the entry form, the Eligible Entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter will store their personal information on the Promoter’s database and disclose their personal information to its related entity Suncorp so that Suncorp and the Promoter can use this information for the further primary purpose of contacting the entrant at a later date(by any permitted means including telephone, email, mail or SMS or online marketing) to provide an insurance quote or to market such products and services.