Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
1. This competition Apia Stockland Village is conducted by AAI Limited, ABN 48 005 297 trading as Apia, of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Stockland residents (ii) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry and (iii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition.(“Eligible Entrant”) .
3. Competition entry commences at 12 midnight on 19th February 2020 and closes at 12 midnight on 30th June 2020 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are AEST.
4. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants who obtain a quote on a new eligible insurance policy during the Entry Period or are an existing Apia customer with an eligible insurance policy and renew their policy during the Entry Period . Eligible Insurance Policy means: Apia Motor Insurance Policy (meaning comprehensive car, 3rd party car, motorcycle, caravan, motorhome cover, CTP); Apia Home Insurance Policy (meaning building only, contents only, or building and contents cover, including apartment insurance, village insurance, assisted living insurance).
5.Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Each Eligible Entrant will only receive 1 entry per quote for the same insured risk in respect of an eligible insurance policy and 1 entry for each eligible insurance policy renewed during the Entry Period.
6. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under conditions 2 - 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
7. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
9. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 11am on 10th July at Level 35, Brisbane Square 266 George Street Brisbane.
10. There is one major prize and 10 minor prizes to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the major prize. The next 10 valid entries randomly drawn will each win a minor prize.
11. The major prize is a ‘money can’t buy experience’ for the winning Apia customer and up to five (5) friends to play with a member(s) of the Australian Bowls team with a hamper style lunch and drinks provided. The date of the prize will be determined by the availability of the Australian Bowls team member(s) but will be no later than 31/12/2020. Should the Stockland Village where the winner resides not have a bowls facility, Apia will arrange transport to and from an appropriate local facility. Maximum value of major prize is $1500. The next 10 valid entries drawn will each win a $500 EFTPOS gift card.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
12. The total prize pool is valued up to $6,500 AUD including GST (depending on the availability of a bowls facility at the winners village) as at 03/02/2020. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
13. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must:
- in respect to the major prize, both take the prize together. Five (5) additional persons in total will also be allowed to attend the event.
- in respect to the minor prizes, only one $500 eftpos voucher will be issued to the joint policy holders to share.
14. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
15. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
16. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
17. The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
18. Runner up prizes will be sent by registered post to the winner(s) at their nominated Australian address within 28 days of the draw.
19. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
20. name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 24.07.2020.
21. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before12.10.2020; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at [11am] on [12.10.2020] at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian on 26.10.2020. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
22. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
23. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
24. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
25. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
27. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
28. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
30. If an entrant has marked the “opt-in” box on the entry form, the entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the Apia brand (“we”/”us”) may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
31. Competition permits: ACT Pernit No. TP20/00255, NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/42253, SA Permit No. T20/235.