Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Apia Health Insurance Waiver on 2 and 6 Month Waiting Periods on Extras (“Offer”), and information on the Offer forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of the Offer is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Limited ABN 14 099 650 996 (Apia) ("Promoter").
3. The Offer commences at 12:00 am (AEST) on 1 February 2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 March 2019 (“Offer Period”).
4. This Offer is open to permanent residents of Australia as at the date of joining (being the date of completion of join) who would have been required to serve a 2 or 6 month waiting period on the selected Apia Health Insurance Extras cover (“Eligible Customer”).
5. The Offer is only available to Eligible Customers who purchase a new Apia combined Hospital and Extras health insurance policy during the Offer Period (“Eligible Product”), and is not available to the purchase of overseas students health insurance, international workers health insurance, corporate private health insurance, travel insurance product or dependants moving from family/parents cover to their own policy.
6. Eligible Customers must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive the Offer (“Entry Requirements”):
a. the Eligible Customer must successfully take out a new Apia Health Insurance combined Hospital and Extras product (“Eligible Product”) during the Offer Period;
b. the Eligible Product must have a policy start date between 1/2/2019 and 31/03/2019;
c. the Eligible Customer must not be a current policyholder of a product issued by nib health funds limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (“nib”) (including AAMI Health Insurance, nib, Apia Health Insurance, Suncorp Health Insurance or Qantas Health Insurance) at the time of joining the Eligible Product, or have joined and cancelled such a product within 6 months before or during the Offer Period; and
d. the Eligible Customer must not be an employee of the Promoter or related entities of the Promoter.
7. The Offer consists of a Waiver of the 2 and 6 month waiting period for Eligible Customers on all Extras services taken out during the Offer Period that normally require a 2 or 6 month waiting period under the relevant Eligible Product. The Promoter will apply the waiver at the time the Eligible Customer takes out the Eligible Product. Applies to Extras services only and excludes waiting periods on Hospital cover.
8. Eligible Customers switching from another health insurer who have served a waiting period on an equivalent service covered by an Apia Health Insurance policy are generally not required to serve a new waiting period for that service.
9. If an Eligible Customer switching from another health insurer has not served the waiting period on all equivalent services covered under an Apia Health Insurance – Extras policy, then the Eligible Customer will be eligible for the Waiver component of the Offer only to the extent of those equivalent services for which they have not served the waiting period. For example, if an Eligible Customer has served the waiting period on 6 out of 10 equivalent services, then they will be eligible for the Waiver for the other 4 equivalent services only.
10. Where the policy is a couples or family policy the Waiver will be applicable to each person covered on the policy.
11. The Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, corporate policy rate, except for the 4% direct debit discount where Eligible Customers pay for Eligible Products by direct debit where Eligible Customers pay for Eligible Products by direct debit.
12. Eligible Customers who meet the Entry Requirements will be entitled to receive the Offer unless they notify the Promoter that they do not wish to participate in the Offer
13. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or substitute all or part of this Offer with another offer of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Eligible Customers will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the Offer or any element has been substituted at equal or greater value.
14. Proof of identity, residency and eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a person cannot provide suitable proof, they may forfeit the Offer in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any persons that provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this promotion.
16. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to withdraw, amend, cancel or suspend this Offer at any time.