Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Apia $100,000 ‘Go live it up’ Cash Giveaway COMPETITION CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Limited (“Apia”) ABN 14 099 650 996 (“Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 50 50. Please direct any postal correspondence to Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter, or its related companies, its agencies, or other companies associated with, or benefiting from, the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4. Competition entry commences at 12:00am AEST on 01/10/2021 and closes at 11.59pm AEDST on 14/12/2021 ("Entry Period").
5. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
(i) Renew or purchase a new Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance Policy, eligible policies include: (Apia Home and/or Contents Insurance, Apia Home and/or Contents Extra Insurance, Apia Landlord Insurance, Apia Apartment Style Residence Insurance, Apia Assisted Living Residence Insurance, Apia Village Style Residence Insurance); or
(ii) Renew or purchase a new Apia Car Advantage Insurance Policy (excluding NSW CTP Insurance, ACT Motor Accident Injuries (MAI) Insurance, Caravan, Motorcycle and Motorhome Insurance),
(“Eligible Insurance Policy”)
An Eligible Entrant will automatically receive 1 (one) entry for each risk insured (i.e. each insured address or vehicle insured) under the Eligible Insurance Policy. For the avoidance of doubt, a home and contents Eligible Insurance Policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition. Normal underwriting criteria apply. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any entries into the Competition for an existing insurance policy unless they are renewing their policy during the Entry Period.
6. Apia Health, Funeral Insurance and Boat Insurance are excluded and are not an Eligible Insurance Policy.
7. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
8. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
9. The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
10. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
12. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The prize draw will be held at 21/01/2022 on 2:00pm AEDST at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 in the presence of an independent scrutineer.
13. There are ten (10) prizes to be won. The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will each win $10,000 cash that will be transferred via EFT transfer to the winners’ nominated bank account. The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
14. The total prize pool is valued at $100,000 including GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
15. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
16. If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must, in respect to the cash prize, nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer. If one account cannot be nominated or agreed by the joint winners for the EFT transfer, the prize will be provided to the joint winners by way of a joint cheque.
17. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions for any element of the prize, for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
18. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
19. The winners will be notified within 2 business days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry when purchasing or renewing an Eligible Insurance Policy.
20. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
21. Prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
22. The name of the winners and their State or Territory of residence will be published at https://www.apia.com.au/news from 24/01/2022 for a minimum period of 28 days. The name of the winners and their State or Territory of residence will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 28/01/2022 – within 2 weeks of the major prize draw.
23. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 15/04/2022, or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to either to another Eligible Entrant from the list of Reserve Entries, or, if required, to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 19/04/2022 on 2:00pm AEDST at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting reserve winner(s) or redrawn winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published online at https://www.apia.com.au/news from 25/04/2022 for a minimum period of 28 days and in The Australian newspaper within 2 weeks of the redraw. Any resulting reserve winner(s) or redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 business days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry when purchasing or renewing an Eligible Insurance Policy.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
25. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel ("Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
26. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
27. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, government restrictions, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
28. If any dispute arises between any individual and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider their point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
31. Apia is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, the product issuer. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. The Target Market Determination is also available.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
32. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winners. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies.
The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner’s name will also be published online at https://www.apia.com.au/news. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Apia brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
34. Competition permit numbers ACT Permit No. TP21/01600
SA Permit No. T21/1456 and NSW Permit No. TP/01324.