Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Personal Injury Insurance, also known as CTP Green Slip Insurance, is compulsory and must be purchased before a vehicle can be registered in NSW. Apia only sells CTP insurance in NSW.
Apia NSW CTP Greenslip Benefits:
- Our CTP policy is competitively priced
- Driver Cover Plus^ - the best at fault driver cover available. Provides cover for specific serious injury benefits for eligible drivers.
- Electronic Green Slip payment notification to RTA in minutes –allows you to register online (subject to correct information being provided and eligibility to register online. Check with the RTA regarding eligibility criteria to register online).
- An experienced CTP Claims Service – Apia CTP Insurance is underwritten and issued by GIO General Limited ABN 22 002 861 583. GIO is the longest standing CTP Insurer in NSW, so you can be assured of receiving a claims service from a team backed by years of experience.
CTP Green Slip Insurance provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident, however, cover for injuries to the driver who causes the accident are limited. CTP protects the owner of the vehicle, or any other person who at anytime drives the vehicle against claims for legal liability in respect of the death or injury to a person caused by the fault of the owner or driver of the vehicle. If you are found to be at fault and do not have a CTP Green Slip for your vehicle, you could be personally liable for injury compensation costing millions of dollars.
Get a NSW CTP Green Slip Quote. It is easy to apply.Get Started
Using the Apia NSW CTP Green Slip online service you can pay using your credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Renew NSW CTP Green Slip online or you can pay using any of the below:
- Australia Post offices using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, EFTPOS or cash.
- A NSW Apia branch using Visa, MasterCard, American Express or cash
- Over the phone on 1300 301 799 using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Please Note: Payment of a Green Slip directly to a branch, telephone or internet will result in an eGreenSlip being sent to the RTA within 1 hour of payment. Allow up to 5 business days for an eGreenSlip to be sent to the RTA when payments are sent by mail or up to 2 business days when payments are made at an Australia Post Office.
CTP and GST
GST registered business entities can claim an Input Tax Credit (ITC) on the GST component of their CTP insurance premium. If you are uncertain of your GST status or entitlement to claim an ITC, please discuss with your accountant, financial adviser or tax agent.
When you purchase a CTP Green Slip policy, you will be asked, "Is anyone entitled to claim an Input Tax Credit on this Green Slip". If you are registered for GST and you are entitled to claim an ITC you must answer “Yes” to this question whether or not you will actually claim the ITC.
More information about CTP Green Slip
NSW CTP Insurance Driver Cover Plus (PDF, 621kb)
CTP Green Slip Insurance and Driver Cover Plus are issued by GIO General Limited ABN 22 002 861 583 (GIO) and Apia Ltd ABN (Apia) acts as an authorized representative of GIO.
General Insurance Transfer NSW CTP insert
^Cover provides specific serious injury benefits to eligible drivers. Available on Class 1, 3c or 5 vehicles only. Drivers under 25 are not eligible unless the vehicle is comprehensively insured with Apia.