For the purposes of the following Privacy Statement, you and your refers to the policy owner and insured person.
Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530, AFSL 229880 is a member of the Suncorp Group. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) requires us to inform you that:
Purpose of collection
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes facts or an opinion about you which identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined. We collect your personal information so we can conduct our business and offer and provide you with our range of financial products and services.
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- identifying you when you do business with us;
- protecting your personal information from authorised access;
- establishing your requirements and providing, administering and managing the products or services you request;
- assessing and investigating, and if accepted managing a claim made by you under one or more of our products; and
- understanding your circumstances and improving our financial products and related services.
- We may be required by taxation and other relevant laws to collect your personal information.
Consequences if personal information is not provided
If we request personal information about you and you don't provide it, we won't be able to provide you with and manage the financial product or service you request, or manage and pay any benefit or insurance claim you make.
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it. We may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose related to the purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose. In the case of sensitive information, any secondary purpose, use or disclosure will be directly related to the purpose of collection.
When necessary and in connection with purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- hospitals, medical or health professionals or various professional advisers who assist;
- mail service organisations who create and despatch our documentation and correspondence, including our direct marketing material;
- document storage facility providers;
- information technology providers, including hardware and software vendors and consultants such as programmers;
- claims reference providers and investigative service providers;
- customer research organisations;
- external suppliers who help us administer, monitor, evaluate or distribute our products and services;
- where required or authorised under our relationship with our joint venture partners; and
- other companies within the Suncorp Group.
There are also instances where we may have to send your personal information overseas or collect personal information from overseas. These instances include:
- when you have asked us to do so;
- when it is necessary in order to facilitate a transaction on your behalf;
- when we are authorised or required by law to do so;
- when we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas service provider with whom we have a contractual arrangement;
- certain electronic transactions; or
- sending your personal information to companies in the Suncorp Group.
We will only send your personal information overseas or collect personal information about you from overseas for the purposes in this statement and in compliance with the privacy regime.
You can ask us to provide you with the personal information we hold about you. In some circumstances, we can deny your request for access. If we deny your request, we will tell you why. If it will take us time to access and supply your personal information, we will inform you of the likely delay. More detailed access requests, eg access to information held in archives, may incur a fee to cover our costs.
We would like to use and disclose your personal information to keep you up to date with the range of products and services available from the Suncorp Group. Generally, the companies in our Group will use and disclose your personal information for Suncorp's marketing purposes.