Apia NSW CTP green slip
- Our CTP policy is competitively priced
- Driver Cover Plus^ - the best at fault driver cover available. Provides cover for specific serious injury benefits for eligible drivers.
- Electronic Green Slip payment notification to RMS in minutes –allows you to register online (subject to correct information being provided and eligibility to register online. Check with the RMS regarding eligibility criteria to register online).
- An experienced CTP Claims Service – Apia CTP Insurance is underwritten and issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. GIO is the longest standing CTP brand in NSW, so you can be assured of receiving a claims service from a team backed by years of experience.
CTP Green Slip Insurance provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident, however, cover for injuries to the driver who causes the accident are limited. CTP protects the owner of the vehicle, or any other person who at anytime drives the vehicle against claims for legal liability in respect of the death or injury to a person caused by the fault of the owner or driver of the vehicle. If you are found to be at fault and do not have a CTP Green Slip for your vehicle, you could be personally liable for injury compensation costing millions of dollars.
Faster, easier NSW Green Slips are here
Soon a new, faster process for collecting your personal details and vehicle information will be introduced for the purchase of a Green Slip.
What is changing?
To buy a new Green Slip you simply need to provide us with two (2) pieces of information to help us identify you and your vehicle. These details are located on your RMS registration papers.
We use this information to retrieve your registration details from RMS, saving you time and ensuring that the correct CTP premium is calculated, providing the information is correct.
What does this mean for you?
- You will need the listed information to buy a CTP Green Slip policy, however if you don’t have it we can provide you with a quote.
- You need to make sure the details listed with RMS are correct. Contact RMS to make any changes on 13 33 13 before arranging/paying your CTP Green Slip.
- You no longer need to provide RMS with a hardcopy of your CTP Green Slip. Confirmation is sent electronically to RMS immediately on receipt of payment.
Please see our FAQs section for more information relating to these changes.
What are the benefits of the changes?
The changes have been made to benefit you in two ways:
Faster vehicle registration
- Reduced information required to purchase a new Green Slip
- Immediate transfer of CTP details to RMS including new registrations that currently require a hard copy CTP receipt to be presented
Correct premium guaranteed
- Your premium will take into account your registration details retrieved from RMS
What information will you have to provide?
If you are purchasing a new Green Slip to renew your vehicle registration, you can simply provide us with:
- Your Billing Number and
- Your Plate Number
Don’t have your registration papers handy or
starting a new registration?
No problem. You can instead provide us with:
- Your Plate Number (registration renewal), or VIN or Chassis number (new registration), and
- Your NSW Driver or Rider Licence number, RMS Customer Number or NSW Photocard Number
Note: Other combinations of identifiers can be used. See our FAQs for more details.
Get a NSW CTP Green Slip Quote. It is easy to apply.
^Cover provides specific serious injury benefits to eligible drivers. Available on Class 1, 3c or 5 vehicles only. Drivers under 25 are not eligible unless the vehicle is comprehensively insured with Apia.